Welcome to our blog

Our hope is to provide a forum for mothers, fathers,and caregivers to discuss ideas, share insight and "pay it forward". Neither of us attended Medill school of journalism and we are not psychologists. We are just two women who have cared for aging grandparents and diapered littleones. We will share our experiences, tips and questions with you. Please share back. We need all the help we can get!

Kirsten and Katie
Co-founders ChicksWithKidz

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Getting Ready for School - Part 5

Additional ENCOURAGING words/messages to give your child ~~

- Your skills are really improving;
- How kind of you to share toys with your friend, that’s very generous.
- You are taking such good care of your pet. He’s so lucky to have you!
- Now THAT’S what I call a thorough job! Thanks for picking up your toys.
- That’s a great effort
- Keep at it; I know you’ll figure it out. How can I help?
- You are such a good learner!
-I’m impressed by your concentration.
-I remember when you were first learning that. You’ve come a long way.
-You’re so fun around the house; life would be boring without you!
-What would I have done without you today? Thanks for cleaning the house with me.
-I’m so proud to tell people I’m your mom (dad).
-You’ve really improved! That’s great!
-It’s wonderful to see you so happy
-I appreciate your attention to detail. You are one sharp cookie.
-Your patience is commendable. Keep at it; I know you’ll get it yet.
-I’ve never thought of it that way. How creative!
-You’re doing a great job of controlling your anger.
-You’re on the right track! That’s using your brain.
-You’ve put a lot of careful thought into that.
-you’re getting the hang of it! Your practice is really paying off.
-Now THAT’S an interesting point. Thanks for sharing it.
-Your attitude is very respectful attitude. I appreciate that.
-You solved your problem; how clever!
-That is wonderful! Your confidence is really showing!
-How sensitive you are to your brother’s feelings.
-Your dependability makes life so much easier for me.
-I love your sense of humor. How do you think up those jokes?
-You hang in there when the going gets tough. You’re a strong person.
-Look how much progress you’ve made. You should be proud.
-Hey, relax for a while; you deserve a break.
-What a good memory you have. That effort deserves a high five!
-I really enjoyed your performance. No one could have done it better.
-Keep trying; I know you can work this frustrating problem out.
-How calm you were when you got that bad news.You are really maturing.
-It’s a real gift to me when you do your chores without being reminded.
-I have to hand it to you; you did exactly what you set out to do.
-Congratulations, you can be proud of your achievement!
-I LOVE watching you grow up. You never cease to amaze me.
-You are such an interesting person. I can’t imagine lifewithout you

No comments:

Post a Comment