Welcome to our blog

Our hope is to provide a forum for mothers, fathers,and caregivers to discuss ideas, share insight and "pay it forward". Neither of us attended Medill school of journalism and we are not psychologists. We are just two women who have cared for aging grandparents and diapered littleones. We will share our experiences, tips and questions with you. Please share back. We need all the help we can get!

Kirsten and Katie
Co-founders ChicksWithKidz

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Prevention is the Best Medicine

Despite waiting in line for 4 1/2 hours to get the vaccine, I got the dreaded swine flu. (apparently it takes up to 3 weeks to give you immunity).
It hit me like a truck over the weekend. I've slept for hours and still don't feel any better. And Tamiflu doesn't seem to be making it any better. Currently on day 4.

I'm normally a "germ a phobe", using hand sanitizer every time I, or my kids, get in the car from being in a store, from school, or a quick run into Starbucks. We wash our hands as soon as we walk in the door at home. I regularly use Clorox wipes around the house on door handles, toilet handles, the refrigerator handles, light switches, tv remotes, and phones.
Apparently, all to NO good.
I'm just hoping that no one else in my family gets it!
And I'll continue to use the Clorox wipes and hand sanitizer.......

~~~Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment